Sunday, September 1, 2013

Crying over spilled milk...

Milk supply hasn't been my problem with breastfeeding, in fact my freezer is so full we can barely fit food in it! The problem we have had is latching. E will latch and feed for a few minutes and then pull away, when she does milk just gushes out of her mouth soaking us both. It's so frustrating so we have found that it is easier for me to just pump and give her a bottle of breast milk. 

On Monday I pumped for about 20 minutes and had four 4 oz bottles full of milk. I reached over to turn the pump off and knocked over one of my bottles. All I could do was watch 4 oz of milk fall to the floor. I wanted to cry, supply isn't a problem but still that stuff is liquid gold!!!! Z tried to make me feel better and even cleaned up my mess, but I was still upset about it. I made a mental note not to put my bottles in front of the pump next time.  

I guess wasting milk has become something I'm going to keep doing because I somehow managed to knock over a bottle yesterday and today. To top it off, after I knocked over my bottle this morning I stepped on a dirty diaper Z put on the floor while he was changing E's diaper! Gross! I wanted to cry! 

So yes, I will cry over spilled milk and I totally agree with this ecard! 

On a better note, today we took E to church for the first time since she was born. :) 

I hope you all have a safe Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment