Friday, August 30, 2013

Spreading out vaccinations?

I took E to the doctor today, she has allergies. I'm hoping she will grow out of them! She also has thrush on her tongue, it's not bad enough to effect her eating but we were given medication to help clear it up. Anyways, while we were there I asked the doctor (who happens to be a friend) her thoughts on vaccinations. I know I am without a doubt going to vaccinate E, but I have been thinking about maybe spacing out her vaccines so she's not getting so many at one time. I worry that if she gets all 6 vaccines at one time and she has a reaction that we won't be able to narrow down which one caused it. Now I know there aren't usually any reactions to them except the common fever and redness at the site but I really don't want to take any chances. If we do decide to spread them out that means she will most likely be getting shots every month until she is 6 months old.  After talking to her I feel better about possibly spreading them out, but I'm still not 100% sure if that's what we will do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment