Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sad momma

I am one sad momma tonight. I work in a clinic and the flu has been spreading like wild fire, so I knew it would be just a matter of time before I got it if I was going to...but serously, did it have to be today on Christams Eve?!

I went in to work this morning and got swabbed and sure enough I was positive for the flu. I've been feeling fine and the only reason I wanted to be examined was because I thought I had a sinus infection. Nope, the flu. I got sent home and was told to not to hold my sweet girl or get to close to her to avoid giving her the flu. She was in the clinic this morning as well for a goopy eye so we went ahead and swabbed her for the flu while she was there, negative thank goodness! 

We had Christmas at my house tonight and it was so hard not holding E and helping her open presents and tomorrow we are suppose to have Christmas with my husbands family but E and I will be missing out on that. This sucks, her first Christmas and I can't even hold her or help her open gifts. I'm probably rambling on but I'm pretty upset about ruining E's first Christmas :(

I also wore a mask tonight to avoid getting anyone else sick, thank goodness my sweet niece didn't want me to be the only one wearing a silly mask so she wore one too! Love her! :)

I'm going to make the best out of this holiday and enjoy my sweet girl no matter what! 

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment